Saturday, August 24, 2013

The Third Book in THE MACALL PROPHECY TRILOGY

With the release of SECOND SIGHT last week, I've been thrilled with the initial success and also feel that much more pressure to wrap up TRIPLE THREAT and to make it amazing.  This particular novel is definitely creating more hurdles for me.  It's kicking my ass!  I love having the character base established from the first two novels, but this third and final book in the series takes place twenty years later, in a society fraught with violence and corruption.  The challenge is that I am pretty passionate about both of these issues and need to really focus on establishing the relationships, romantic and otherwise, instead of my own political opinions.

I have also really taken the care to develop a vision of the setting and the backstory.  In some respects, there is a Dystopian element to the book, which is a genre that I have never written before.  So it is definitely taking some time.

Two days ago, I set an official goal for a release date on October 31, 2013.  I am now publishing this date in my blog to make sure that I'm holding myself accountable.  If the book is not officially available on Amazon by November 1, please feel free to send hate mail.  I welcome all forms of extrinsic motivation.

And following the release of this last book in the series, I will begin work on another historical romance.  I can promise you that this particular novel will take me considerably more time to write.  If I can complete it for publication by the Spring of 2014, I will be happy.  The historicals require more research, which I actually enjoy; and after knocking out an entire trilogy in six months, I need to slow things down a bit and let my creative juices regenerate.  I also have been brainstorming this particular historical romance since last January, and I am looking forward to reveling in it for a bit.

But first, I wrap The MaCall Prophecy Trilogy.

No comments:

Post a Comment