Friday, August 9, 2013

FREE Copy of INNER MOONLIGHT in Exchange for Honest Review

When I began writing INNER MOONLIGHT, I couldn't get the storyline out of my head.  I was in the middle of another project, and I soon had to shove that project aside so that I could tell this story first.  Now I want to try to draw more readers to this particular story, in hopes that they will enjoy reading it as much as I enjoyed writing it.  For this reason, I want to offer a free copy of the ebook in exchange for honest reviews from the first 20 people who contact me.  



This particular story line evolved from--believe it or not--an Abba song.  My daughter went through a phase where she would beg to listen to Abba's Greatest Hits every time we were in the car together, and next thing I knew, I would find myself driving and singing along with Gimme! Gimme! Gimme! (A Man After Midnight).    (I'll consider a future blog on my parenting choices when it comes to selecting appropriate musical choices for my then five-year-old child.)

So I was singing along with "Lay All Your Love on Me" when the idea came to life.  

"Don't go wasting your emotion.
Lay all your love on me.
Don't go sharing your devotion.
Lay all your love on me.

I've had a few little love affairs.
They didn't last very long and they've been pretty scarce.
I used to think that was sensible.
It makes the truth even more incomprehensible."

So I developed this story of a man who's wanted this woman almost all of his life.  She, however, belonged to his perfectly handsome, brilliant, kind, and generous cousin.  And when his cousin is killed in a tragic car accident, he is reunited with her and is hopeful for a second chance.  She, on the other hand, blames herself for her husband's death and knows that he would never want her to end up with his cousin.  Determined to punish herself and win her dead husband's approval, she fights her attraction to the man and does her best to try to keep him at arm's length.

It was a story that I loved writing, as I enjoyed and respected both of the characters.  Eager to reach as many readers as possible, I published it on both Amazon and Smashwords.  Without the Kindle Select free promos, however, I'm not reaching as many readers as I'd hoped with this novel.  For this reason, I've decided to offer some free copies in exchange for honest reviews in an effort to spread the word.

If you are interested in reading and reviewing this contemporary romance, please send an email to foxcarrigan at gmail dot com and let me know which format you prefer.  

And if you have already read it, I would be so very grateful if you would please write a review on Amazon or Goodreads.  

Thank you so much!

Carrigan 



No comments:

Post a Comment