Wednesday, May 29, 2013

The Highs and Lows of Month #3 in the World of Self-Publishing

In some respects, this has been a disappointing month for sales.  I have the same sales volume I did in month #1, which is 1/2 of what it was in month #2.  I did, however, release my second novel (a contemporary romance titled Inner Moonlight) in the beginning of the month at a rate of $2.99.  So my monetary sales are actually the same this month as they were in month #2.

I also published Inner Moonlight in both Kindle and Smashwords.  After some days of disappointment, I took the time to explore Smashwords and learned that a) it would take up to two weeks before some of the vendors even listed my book and b) most vendors don't report their sales until the end of the month.  So now I am eagerly awaiting that report to get an idea of my very low publicity month will prove to be lucrative.

In the meantime, I am making some decent progress on the first book in the MaCall Prophecy Trilogy.  I am expecting that within the next week, as summer commences, I will be even more productive.  I am going to work my tail off in an effort to finish this first book by the end of June.  My goal is to have the entire series done by September 1st.  This means that the promoting takes a back burner.  

I will say, however, if you have had an opportunity to read either Bonds of Matrimony or Inner Moonlight, please take the time to write an honest review to either Amazon or Smashwords.  You can also contact me via my website to email the review so that I can include some on my website, as well.

Thank you all for your support!

No comments:

Post a Comment