Saturday, March 16, 2013

You Know You're an Indie Author When...

It is the middle of the night, I have a child who will be waking in a few mere hours, and I am creating and updating my social networking sites for my new book.  So this is what it's like to be an indie author.  When I was young and dreamed of being a writer, I had this image of spending my days on the beach writing, and then I'd have my evenings free to focus on my family.  And the money would be spectacular!  The reality looks a bit different.  I work all day, try to focus on my family and house chores in the evening, squeeze in some writing before bed, and spend my weekends using social networking to market my new book.  And the money...well...I think I can take my royalties and buy myself a latte.  But it's early and I'm still hopeful.

If you're interested in checking out my first release, you can go to my website at www.carriganfox.com or go directly to Amazon to purchase Bonds of Matrimony, a historical romance about a budding feminist. 

No comments:

Post a Comment