Thursday, March 28, 2013

March 28, 2013

I feel like an idiotic college student on a Spring Break drinking binge.  Except that I'm staying up far too late writing, not downing shots of Jagermeister.  By the time this "vacation" is done and I need to head back to my day job, I'm going to need another vacation to catch up on sleep.

I have been losing sleep in favor of immersing myself in writing INNER MOONLIGHT, a contemporary romance about a young woman who cultivates a life around her image as the perfect wife and is forced to re-discover herself when her husband is killed in an accident.  I expect to have it released no later than June 1, but I am pushing to have it done by May 1 instead.  My biggest challenge at the moment is finding balance between all of the social networking and promoting of my first book, BONDS OF MATRIMONY.  The analytical side has me thinking I should write up a schedule with a 4:1 ratio of time spent writing to networking.  Sadly, I'm not kidding.

The bottom line is that I'm suddenly driven to get this book done.  I have always felt the passion for writing and the adrenaline rush of the creative juices.  But I have never been terribly driven to finish and submit manuscripts.  It doesn't take a psychoanalyst to recognize that my fear of rejection kept me from really putting myself out there.  The self-publishing gig has really turned that around.

So after 15 minutes of blogging, I'm off to hit the writing for an hour...if I don't pass out before then.

No comments:

Post a Comment