Monday, June 6, 2016

She's alive!

It was lazy of me, I admit it.  I titled this post with the first thought that came to mind.  This particular reference isn't particularly ingenious, true.  In fact, while Mary Shelley's novel is a masterpiece, this particular quote--even in this original form--is not actually from the novel.  Nevertheless, it's what first came to mind.  (The second idea came from the film, The Princess Bride; but I wasn't certain that alluding to the "mostly dead" quote was particularly appropriate for this post.)

I have honestly been working my ass off for the past year, but almost none of it has been on my writing.  It shames me to make this confession.  I love writing.  But I also feel a responsibility to the kids I teach on a daily basis.  And this past year, my teaching career sapped all of my creative energies from me.  

But school is out, and a new project is on the horizon.  I am even thinking that it's time to get back to Miss Abby Burke and her bottle-smashing protests.  It's long past due.  But to be fair, it will probably take me quite a while to get her story completed.  Nearly a year ago, I said that I hoped to have it done by the end of the year.  Unfortunately, that isn't happening.  And while sales haven't been great on this particular project, the three women of the demimonde have been a pleasure to create.  So I definitely want to see it through.

In the meantime, feel free to catch the other two women in the series.

And enjoy!

Carrigan

No comments:

Post a Comment